A HUGE "Thank You" to everyone who attended our Family Math Night on 2/23/17.
Why use math manipulatives? Here are five reasons for using manipulatives to make math come alive.
- Math Manipulatives help make abstract ideas concrete.
- Math Manipulatives lift math off textbook or homework pages.
- Math Manipulatives build students' confidence by giving them a way to test and confirm their reasoning.
- Math Manipulatives are useful tools for solving problems.
- Math Manipulatives make learning math interesting and enjoyable.
For the complete article, visit Scholastic's Parent and Child Magazine.
Addition & Subtraction
- Fact Family Template
- Fact Family Triangles
- Kim Sutton Addition & Subtraction
- Kim Sutton Computation Strategies
- Hundreds Chart
- 0-9 Digit Cards
- Place Value Charts
- Place Value with Decimal
- Ten Frame Cards
- Ten Frames Mat
- Tens and Ones Mat
- Number Cards 1-100
- Domino Flash Cards
- Pattern Block Symmetry
- Pattern Block Design
- Pattern Block Template
- Pattern Block Fraction Design
- Pattern Block Spinners
- Clean Up the Money (game)
- Dice Games to Practice Math Facts (scroll down)
MATH VOCABULARY TERMS
Print or view these math dictionary terms from Creative Mathematics to help add valuable vocabulary to your home Math Talks.